The Mechanical / Pressure test technician assumes a high level of responsibility early, supporting our workshop team in their delivery of client services. Successful Mechanical / Pressure Test Technicians are fast learners and self-motivated, independent workers. They have the ability to work under pressure and the willingness to work in varying conditions.
• Perform test operations of products under pressure up to 60,000 PSIG.
• Conduct Performance Tests – Safely conducts performance tests on all Medium & High Pressure products and systems using clamps, fixtures, open set-ups and automated test stations in accordance with written work instructions and test sheets. Ensure safety precautions are used during the pressure test (maximum pressure up to 60,000 PSIG).
• Perform Gas, Hydrostatic & PR2 testing. Record customer data or test requirements.
• Perform RA Functions— Process all Test & Equipment Requests, Evaluate/Repair and pressure test Product, Determine Acceptability of Product, Maintain Order Files, RA Database, Evaluate and Maintain Supplies Used for Repair, and Scientific Problem Solving Tools. Evaluate and write evaluation reports on returned equipment. Determine repair needs and process repairs.
• Assemble Pressure Products and Sub Components – Assembles pressure products and kits utilizing work instructions, assembly prints, tools and conforming to engineering specifications. Fills out paperwork, work sheets, and data collection forms. Maintains traceability of component parts where required.
• Perform Maintenance of mechanical & hydraulic components
• Perform single and twin ferrule tubing applications
• Perform MP & High pressure coning and threading applications
• Perform Orbital Welding applications
• Minimum of Four-years experience in fluid power/hydraulic/pneumatic technology and pressure testing applications.
• Demonstrated ability to read, understand, and perform work instructions.
• Demonstrated knowledge of electronic instrumentation, transducers, flow meters and computer-based data collection.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate (verbal/written) effectively with customers, suppliers and employees.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a cooperative and team oriented environment.
• Minimum of a diploma, certification, or associate’s degree