We are hiring!
SengS is looking for a Design Engineer who will be responsible for delivering engineering documents as instructed by the Engineering Manager in relation to design work and projects executed through SengS and the wider Pryme Group.
- Designing a wide variety of engineering solutions that meet the project requirements and specifications
- Produce models and manufacturing drawings for complicated assemblies
- Responsible for compiling project engineering file to satisfy the project scope deliverables, this typically includes calculations, drawings, BOM’s, test plans and operational procedures.
- Develop FATs, SITs and offshore IRM (Inspection Repair Maintenance) procedures.
- Support Field and Workshop Tests with hands-on work of prototypes and tool assembly.
- Mentor Trainees
- Identify purchasing requirements for engineering projects and develop requisitions to support purchases.
- Basic project management of projects as necessary
- Participate in onshore Safety Review/HAZID/Risk Assessment activities as part development of the work package.
- Ensure engineering project package data / deliverables are compiled and filed in accordance with contract procedures.
- Supporting and promoting continuous improvement in Engineering processes and standards, provide technical support to other departments.
- Customer and legislative requirements. Drive improvement in all areas to improve efficiencies in productivity, right first time, employee utilisation and overall cost base.
- Finance – Monitor the costs for the Engineering scopes. Maintain and manage agreed headcount for responsible scopes ensuring that labour utilisation and efficiencies are highly visible and challenged. Identify cost reduction opportunities and minimise waste thoughout. Carry out analysis of areas over budget in order to support our EBITDA
- HND in Mechanical Engineering (or demonstrable experience) mandatory
- BSc, MSc in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Chartered Engineer or working to a Professional Qualification preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficient in the use of Solidworks, Inventor and Mathcad
- Welding and Machining working knowledge of standards
- Ability to react quickly to changing needs and demonstrate agility in managing work
- Customer Management skills